This question has been flagged
1 Reply

How do I generate Invoices from Timesheets in odoo version 9.0? 

I want the employees to use the timesheet to note the time spent in helping a customer and once a month I generate an invoice from all the timesheets for each Support-Customer.

Discard

Does anyone know how to do this? In previous versions of odoo you pressed the "Invoice Tasks" link on the projects page. This is a fairly fundamental thing for odoo to be able to do. If it can't do it any more it kind of kills its usefulness for a lot of people. There seems to a lot of people viewing this issue, but no one coming up with an answer. Does this mean that there's problem?

Hello,

Is there any way to generate invoices directly from the Timesheet module in version 16?

Thank you

Best Answer

There are several ways to do this, but a simple way is:

1. Create a Product.

• Product Type = Service

• Invoicing Policy = Delivered Quantities

• Track Service = Timesheets on Contract

2. Create a Sales Order, showing the Product (you can just put 1 unit, so the Customer knows the hourly rate).

3. Create a Timesheet, and select the relevant Analytic Account.  It is in the format [Order Reference]-[Customer Name]

• Use the Summary tab, if all you need is hours logged per day.

• Use the Detail tab, if you need descriptive information relating to the hours logged.

4. From Sales --> Invoicing --> Orders to Invoice, you will see the total hours that have been logged in the Delivered column.  Click Create Invoice.  

Note: The Invoiced Column on the Sales Order keeps track of what's already been Invoiced, so you can keep Invoicing at regular intervals from the same Sales Order until you stop providing service for your Customer.

Discard

I'm starting to get there, but something's still not right. I've got the timesheets working fine and the Sales order and product setup. When I go to "create invoice" I get the prompt to select how the invoicing's to be done (Invoice lines) but then I get nothing. One thing that does occur to be that could be wrong - the "delivered" column on the sales order is set to 0 (qty is right, delivered is 0, invoiced is 0, totals to invoice are correct). Is there an option to include the timesheet details in the invoice? My customers like to know what they've spent their money on, and it's really helpful to have all the details in one place. That used to be an option in V8.

Check your work. The timesheet isn't getting attached to the Sale Order. Are you selecting the correct Account? "SO00001 - Customer"? To print timesheet lines on an Invoice, you need to link the Invoice to the Sales Order(s) with a module like https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/account_invoice_sale_link/ and then customize the Invoice report - <tr t-foreach="o.sale_ids" t-as="s"> { print the column headings } <tr t-foreach="s.timesheet_ids" t-as="t"> {print the timesheet line data} </tr> </tr>

Thx for the explanation. Is there any direct way to invoice timesheets or account_analytic_lines like in version 8,7, 6...? This is way to complicated to have to create a sale order.