Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Generate EAN13 Barcode Automatically + Print Barcode Label (v8)

By
David Birchmier
on 12/31/14, 2:03 PM 11,117 views

I am seeking to do the following:

#1 When adding a new product we wish to automatically generate a new EAN13 barcode for that product. The generated bar code can be incremental.
I have figured out how to manually add the EAN13 barcodes, but would ideally like to generate them automatically on an incremental basis. 

#2 How can we print the EAN13 barcodes that are generated using our barcode label printer? 
I can not find an option in Odoo to "Print Barcode". Am I just missing this option or is there a 3rd party addon that will do this? 

me too want to know about it..

Anand
on 1/2/15, 6:41 AM

@David, In regards to #1 I've come across this python script to generate a random EAN13 barcode: https://github.com/maxmumford/random-ean13-generator It is not (yet) an odoo module, however it would probably not take too much work to package into an Odoo module.

Luke Branch
on 1/3/15, 5:32 AM

thanks Luke. I'll look into this and see about converting it to a module.

David Birchmier
on 1/3/15, 12:27 PM
mehdi
On 7/6/15, 3:56 AM

this module is not automatically because you must use button !!!
https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/product_barcode_generator/

Akos Nadasdi
On 6/23/15, 2:56 AM

any develepoment on the ean barcode generation? I am also looking for this especially in the case of the product variants.

did you succeed  implementing a solution?

Tidy Way
On 1/3/15, 4:08 AM

Hello David,

May this help you tidyway.blogspot.in/2015/01/barcode-label-report-in-odoo-v8.html

Thanks

Rohan Nayani(www.tidyway.in)

thanks for sharing Rohan. It does look like that video could accomplish what I'm after but it starts at a point where above where I'm at. I do not currently have the option for "barcode product labels" under the "print" menu. How do I get that option?

David Birchmier
on 1/3/15, 12:26 PM

Hello David, Its customized module, you can contact us at contact@tidyway.in

Tidy Way
on 1/3/15, 11:06 PM

Will do - I've sent you an email. As a note, we are using a commercial barcode printer that prints one sticker at a time, not multiple stickers on the same page. Does your module support that? The barcode printer we are using is a Zebra LP 2824. Thanks for your help!

David Birchmier
on 1/4/15, 4:50 PM

Hello David, This report specially made for whom are not using thermal printer(like zebra...), that will directly print normal A4 size papersheet with laserjet printer. If you want to make a report for thermal printer then we will customize for you, for more info you put a mail contact@tidyway.in Nice to see you david.

Tidy Way
on 1/5/15, 12:27 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/31/14, 2:03 PM
Seen: 11117 times
Last updated: 7/6/15, 3:56 AM