This question has been flagged
2 Replies

My site which has default language = FR but the woorank review thinks its default language is EN.

It compares FR competitor pages with my page in EN.

Odoo appears to have default language = FR as required but woorank thinkks default language is EN

-----------------

Post a French URL on Facebook or Twitter such as below and you get the EN version.

http://media-memory.fr/shop/product/cle-usb-kingston-1453?category=8

Regardless of (Chrome) browser language = EN or FR.

Discard
Best Answer

If you have a multi language website, Odoo works that way:

1/ main URLs adapt automatically to the language of the visitor. Example: If you go to https://Odoo.Com, you might be redirected to Odoo.com/fr_FR if you are French. (Or stay on this URL if your preferred language is English)

2/ languages URLs force the user to use this language. Example: if you go to Odoo.com/fr_FR, you will always have a French page. No redirect.

3/ So, main URLs are both the default language (English for Odoo.Com) and the dynamic URL to adapt the language to the visitor. (redirect if the visitor has a preferred language that you support) The trick if you want to force the language to English, whatever the language of the visitor that will click on the link is to force the language code in the URL, like for secondary languages: Odoo.com/en_US (will redirect to Odoo.Com as we don't want duplicated content, but will force language to English)

It's a bit tricky, but it's a great feature of Odoo, the right way to manage i18n.

For info, Google does the same: go on Google.Com and you might be redirected to your local Google. Go on Google.be and you force the Belgium Google.

Of course, all the meta tags are set correctly so that there is no duplicated content and Google redirect visitors automatically to the right page according to their language. All internal links auto adapt automatically so that your visitor stay on his language.

Discard
Author

Applying this logic, I set Chrome and Facebook to French and emptied the cache and cleared cookies.

Any url from my site posted on FB still comes up in English even if I add /fr_FR

Are you on Odoo Online or you host yourself? If it's Odoo Online, we can investigate; For odoo.com, it seems to work fine. It could be linked to your installation.