This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have an SO with a product that was not available because I hadnt received it and it had other products that were available.  The SO had been confirmed but NOT dispatched.

I recently received the missing products for that SO and I received the products into the warehouse.  When I went to Inventory (Odoo v9) and saw the pending delivery, it was marked as Partially Available because of those missing products. 

I could either Force Availability or Validate.  The Validate button was in blue so it was obviously an option.  What is the difference between both procedures?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

Marcio Validate will state that your sale order and product are ready to process and all products that are mentioned in sale order are ready to dispatch while in Force Availability products are not ready for transfer or delivered but still you want it forcefully available to complete your sale order and your product quantity will go in minus (negative). and in validate your quantity will never go in negative if available quantity is ready for shipment then only it will allow you to validate it. 

Discard