This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Does anyone know how to get the Fleet expenses (i.e service costs, fuel etc) to flow through to the accounting module. We need to compare vehicle costs to vehicle income.

Discard
Best Answer

Answer 2:

Fleet Management is not integrated with account management. :(

Options:

1. Additional development to your needs.

2. Track vehicle costs two times - with Fleet Management for detailed track and with account management (supplier invoices) with analytic accounts for compare vehicle costs and income (with analytic accounts).

Answer 1:

There are several ways how to track vehicle costs and income.

1. You can track vehicle costs with Fleet Management (if you need to know detailed vehicle costs) and vehicle income track with analytic accounts (one analytic account for each vehicle). Then you can compare Fleet Management cost report with analytic account income.

2. If you dont need to know detailed vehicle costs (services, fuel etc., only sum), then you can use only analytic accounts (of course one account for each vehicle).

Discard
Author

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure it solves the problem. With your solution, the vehicle cost will not be reflected in the General Ledger. Also, to see the profitability of each vehiccle, you would have to compare two reports and manulaly work out the profit ( i.e subtract the income figure from

Author

Sorry, or am I missing your point ?

Do you need detailed track of vehicle costs (services, fuel, etc.), or you need to know just vehicle costs sum without details?

Author

With details

Author

Thanks Janis. Not what I wanted to hear :-( We will have to look at developing something - our client wants a fully integrated system, not one where you have to post everything twice ! This fleet has over 300 vehicles.

Best Answer

Please check this addon .  https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/fleet_analytic_account/. It provides the following features:

- Match fleet expense with an invoice.

- Assign an analytical account to a vehicle, for analytical analysis.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello all, what's new in this section ? Did odoo connected fleet with accounting ?

Discard