Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

First Expiry First out in OpenERP (Odoo)

By
Noble Man
on 9/2/15, 3:03 AM 1,024 views

I wanted to bring batch number selection to be in sales module and to enforce any sales done according to the expire date associated to product automatically. The idea is a user select product and quantity to sale,and the system expected to do selection from the right batch, if there is no enough stock available it must does splitting

So far what I managed to do:

1. product are sorted by expired date and it automatically selects a product with recent expiry date without any user intervention and notify if not enough stock available
  2. creates delivery slip to warehouse and sales invoice to finance with that batch number from sales order

However, I am facing these problems

1. if current stock quantity of specific product in batch is not enough it should go to second batch and creates to sales order line somehow similar to splitting mechanism exist in warehouse.
  2. confirmed sales orders doesn't deduct sold product stock quantity from warehouse

Noble Man
On 9/2/15, 11:37 AM

@Ahmed, I know but I don't like the functionalities in warehouse and I wanted to link it to sales module as I mentioned it above, I can't right as comment since I have 4 karma

Ahmed M.Elmubarak

--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--
| 5 3 5
Sudan
--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
On 9/2/15, 8:37 AM

Hello,

From Setting->Configuration->Warehouse, in Traceability part; tick Track lots or serial numbers and Expiry date on serial numbers.

From Warehouse->Configurations->Locations, in the logistics part you can find the

Removal Strategy you can use 'FEFO' for first expiry first out. 

Then the system will pick the suitable lot 'patch' in the picking process.

Also if there is no enough qty in the first patch, it will complete the qty from the next lot.

I think this module will be helpful to you.

* confirming the sale order will not affect the Quantity On Hand  it just affect the Forecast Quantity.

I hope this could help,

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/2/15, 3:03 AM
Seen: 1024 times
Last updated: 9/2/15, 11:41 AM