Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

fields.datetime.now() show the time of the latest restart - not the current time

By
Selverine
on 8/30/16, 9:30 AM 546 views

Hi everyone,

I have a field datetime. This field should have by default the datetime of "now", the current time.

However, the default date is the time of the lastest restart.

Please find below my code:

'date_action': fields.datetime('Date current action', required=False, readonly=False, select=True),

_defaults = {
    'date_action': fields.datetime.now(),

Someones has an idea why? And how to solve it?

Many thanks,

Selverine

deep

--deep--
| 5 4 7
Bengaluru, India
--deep--

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

deep
On 10/26/16, 2:05 AM

In V8 or above, if the class definition is as per latest api, i.e (models.Model)

then use the below like syntax, no need to import any date-related files.

date_action = fields.Datetime('Date current action', required=False, readonly=False, select=True
                                , default=lambda self: fields.datetime.now())

It works

supreeth
on 11/18/16, 1:26 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/30/16, 10:24 AM

For v8/v9: You have not defined the field correctly, not using a CAPITAL for Datetime:

'date_action': fields.Datetime('Date current action', required=False, readonly=False, select=True),

For v7: You are mixing the API functions.

Try:

from openerp.osv import fields, osv
from openerp.tools import DEFAULT_SERVER_DATE_FORMAT

date.today().strftime(DEFAULT_SERVER_DATE_FORMAT)

Hi Ray. Thank you for your answer. I tried with Capital for Datetime but I have the error: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Datetime'. Do I need to import a specific class? PS: I am using OpenERP 7 ( sorry to forgot to mention it)

Selverine
on 8/30/16, 10:40 AM

See my updated answer for v7

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 9/1/16, 10:35 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/30/16, 9:30 AM
Seen: 546 times
Last updated: 11/21/16, 3:59 AM