This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi everyone,

1. So i've inserted several products with as much as details possible.
  2. After that, I've selected the fields I was interested in and exported in CSV files (because excel don't work for me).
  3. Now I have a CSV file with , ; / ;; etc..

What do I need to do to open it clearly on excel? And after that, how to import this new list with many products added?

I cannot add my CSV file here but I can send it in PM if needed.

Thank you!

Discard
Best Answer

Just open excel (or any other option like LibreOffice Calc) and go to File/Open and select your .csv file

A wizard will be launched where you will be able to select the desired separators for rows/columns and that is it, the program will do all the work. I use " as text delimiter, ; as separator and 'UTF-8' as encoding. You can also select in a previous that will see every column and select the type of it (e.g. date, text). This works for me using LibreOffice Calc, it might be suitable for you to, but maybe you have to change a few details, but the overall picture looks the same.

After that, to save the file again as a .csv to import into OpernERP, just go to 'File/Save as...' and select .csv where it says file format (or something like that, the place where you can choose the extension of the file).

Hope it is the same with Excel (or at least that you can figure it out from this tips)!

Discard
Author

Dear Lucio, thank you for your quick answer. I'm a little further...

But when I validate import on openERP (utf-8) , (Semicolon) , (") I have this red line "incorrect padding"

Ok, great! Can you please add some of the csv to your question to see where the problem can be coming from? (Obfuscate the data if you want! )

You are using ' / ' (slash) as separator, not ' ; ' (semicolon).

Author

Sorry but I need to use (comma) as separator when I import on openerp. If I use semicolon I only have one column "A single column was found in the file, this often means the file separator is incorrect "

Author Best Answer

Dear Lucio, thank you for your quick answer. I'm a little further...

But when I validate import on openERP (utf-8) , (Semicolon) , (") I have this red line "incorrect padding"

Discard
Author Best Answer

image descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage description

Discard

Ok, I see and seems right but the csv line that you copy-pasted here is using ' / ' as separator, not comma, maybe it is a bug on the openERP exporting tool or something.

Also, in the preview in the, where you can set the type of each column, you are getting the correct view as it is. What happens if you change 'Virgule' for another thing (like 'point-virgule' for example)?

Author

Maybe because I am still on the trial version? I've inserted more images...

Author

OK it works !

I followed your steps and used openoffice and I can Import/Export everything :-D (i'm very happy)

You can mark it as answered then :D