This question has been flagged

Where is a good place to start in building a first simple custom module (app) that could be plugged into Odoo?

Hardly anything in the CRM module applies to our business.  We don't do sales, and much of the terminology and words used throughout the CRM app is foreign to us.

I feel the need to delete every word like 'Opportunity' and change it to something meaningful to our domain.

---

Also I would like to know if the following is possible, if there is an existing module I can modify, or if anyone has done this before (if anyone has comments here):

We have the need and requirements to:

1. Create multiple projects

2. Have a Kanban board, with different workflow states (swim lane titles) for each project

3. Programatically create each Kanban story card (a human would not be clicking to create the cards - they would be created by making entries in various tables in a Postgres database)

4. All the information in each card (or story) would be obtained through SQL queries, joining multiple tables

5. There would be different sections in each card (information section, form section, etc)

---

A story card would contain a 'form' with questions to be filled in by a worker (answers would be stored in a backing database)

Each project, containing it's own Kanban board (and workflow/kanban states or swim lanes) would have it's own type of card (with an information section and a form section with questions unique to that project).

---

This is an tall order, I don't know if this would be possible with Odoo or if we should write a custom web app to do this.

How can we leverage Odoo to accomplish this?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi:

The best place to start is the "Building a module" tutorial which is a part of the product documentation.

Here's the link to it.

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/howtos/backend.html

Discard