This question has been flagged
2 Replies

A order "confirmation" was sent. Either from that or from a return I see

"create an appopriate mail.alias or force the destination model." % (email_from,email_to,message_id) Assertion.Error: No possible route for incoming message from (email address of customer) to ERP@ourdomain.com

(I do notice that the "to" is capitalized, where as the email address should read "erp@" in small caps. erp@ourdomain.com should be functioning as a "catchall" address..

When I go to "settings" "email" "messages" I see that there is a whole lot of spam coming in also. Likely in that my USER autocreated an email address for me that I abandoned a long time ago. I don't see how to change that email address under users.

Too many questions. How to fix the mail.alias and/or "force the destination model?"

thank you

Discard
Author

Thank you for the update on this. I also created a new domain "erp.ourdomain.com" which majorly reduced the incoming. Now I need to forward leads, etc. from our proper domain, but less admin in the process.

Best Answer

To force the destination model you have to edit the incoming email and set there the destination model

Discard
Author Best Answer

Don't use a Catchall Account on a highly active domain. Way too much incoming trash. Make a new domain like erp.yourdomain.com and use that for OpenERP. One Account is all that is needed on the domain and it services the full system. Boscolo Matteo's comment (1045) is helpful to the answer as well. Thank you Matteo!

Discard