This question has been flagged
3 Replies

i'm working on a helpdesk module, and i'm appliying domains on users. So that each user can see only his records, but the problem is that domains apply to admin too.

How can i exclude admin from domain on users? 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Karim OUBHAT

All depends where you are applying your domains. If they are used for ir.rules records in the security you could use the answer of @Kalpana Hemnani, because the admin bypass the security record rules. But if you are applying the domain directly on the target field, action or whatever object you are using for but not for security rules then the domain apply to all the users as a business rule so you indeed need to include the admin for your domain. Think that the admin always will have the id = 1 so you could check that if the user is not 1, for example:

[('user_id', '=', uid), ('user_id', '!=', 1)]

that checks to only display the record for the actual user and that the actual user is not the admin, you could merge this domain using and '|' with your existing domain.

I repeat, this is only if you are not using ir.rule security records

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Karim,

Double check your domain, it should be ['|', ('user_id', '=', False), ('user_id', '=', 'user.id')] like this.

As well as Administrator concern, he is a super user. no security applies to super user. Admin can view all the records.

Let me know which domain you are applying. 

Discard
Best Answer

hi,

Axel is right,

you should use in yours record rule like   in rule   [('user_id', '=', uid), ('user_id', '!=', 1)]

Discard