Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

error when clicking the accounting module ?

By
antik rara ayu
on 12/3/14, 11:29 PM 605 views

hi,

I have this error when clicking the accounting module, and accounting modules can not be opened

View error

Can't find field 'commercial_partner_id' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'account.invoice':
* account.invoice tree

Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model

can anyone help me to fix it ?

thank you,

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 6 7 8
Rajkot, India
--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--

Being an emerging leader in IT market since 2011, Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has been providing a wide range of business solutions in Odoo & Magento. We are pleased to have a large pool of contented customers with our meticulous work in the domain of ERP & e-Commerce. A ray of relief & satisfaction to  our customers heart by our successful deployment in their organization, purely represents our success in Odoo platform. Hence, we take pride for being an Odoo partner with a vision of expanding our strategic alliances with our customers to offer them high value-added, trustworthy & cost effective solutions.

Since establishment, our business has span across 11 countries of the world. Our customers are companies of all sizes ranging from start-ups to large enterprises, who realize that they need a professional business solutions to generate revenue streams, establish proper communication channels or streamline business operations. Standing with strong determination of customer satisfaction, observing each minute detail of their business processes, providing proper guidance and moving forth to develop product accordingly adds our value and reliability among our customers. 

We are blessed with efficient, passionate & eclectic young developers who have come across almost all kinds of business profiles, working with full dedication, applying creativity & new features in existing modules and completing customer's projects successfully on predefined target. Our in-depth knowledge while giving business solutions in Odoo allows us to offer following services to our customers :

• Consulting
  • Installation, Configuration & Customization
  • Training & Support
  • Maintenance
  • Upgradation
  • Documentation
  • Crafting community modules
  • Drafting videos on demand
  • Smart Apps development

We will be :) to welcome you @ www.emiprotechnologies.com to solve any kind of your business needs around Odoo. However we are just an inch away from you by email info@emiprotechnologies.com or a tweet to @EmiproTech

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
On 12/3/14, 11:52 PM

Hello Antik

1./ After adding the field 'commercial_partner_id' in the .py file did you restarted the server and updated the module

2./ Is code file (.py) your file added in the __init__.py file so that it gets included by the parser.

3./ At the end check in the database whether the field is added into it or not.

If these doesn't work share your code files here.

Regards

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 12/3/14, 11:59 PM

Antik, The error message says that they cannot find commercial_partner_id field in account.invoice model.  Are you using v8 of Odoo?  If so, there is something wrong with the configuration of your current database.  You might want to try to upgrade account module.  But do backup the database first before doing so.

antik rara ayu
On 12/4/14, 1:40 AM

@john doe : I use V7, a database that I am using is the result of a database restore my colleagues.
later on I will try to upgrade the account module. thank you

@emipro technologies : hello, I am using a database of my colleagues.
how to add field 'commercial_partner_id'? Can you tell me how?
I am a beginner, please teach me,
thank you,

It seems that your colleagues is using v8 instead of v7. commercial_partner_id field is available in account.invoice for v8. In v7 it does not. In any case, if you are restoring the database from your colleague, you NEED to ensure that all the modules from your colleague are available and relatively the same as well. If not, you'll be faced with a lot of configuration inconsistency problems. I'm afraid if you don't ensure that the modules are in sync first, this error may be just the tip of the iceberg.

Ivan
on 12/4/14, 2:06 AM

oh, yes I can ask my colleague what version he used. but can I install my account.invoice in v7? teach me, please thank you

antik rara ayu
on 12/4/14, 2:28 AM

Unfortunately making the modules to work for database from different version or vv is not going to be easy. Easiest path is to get the modules your colleagues are using and use that instead.

Ivan
on 12/4/14, 3:08 AM

okay I will ask my colleague, thank you for the advice.

antik rara ayu
on 12/4/14, 3:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/3/14, 11:29 PM
Seen: 605 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM