This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hi,

I have this error when clicking the accounting module, and accounting modules can not be opened

View error

Can't find field 'commercial_partner_id' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'account.invoice':
* account.invoice tree

Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model

can anyone help me to fix it ?

thank you,

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Antik

1./ After adding the field 'commercial_partner_id' in the .py file did you restarted the server and updated the module

2./ Is code file (.py) your file added in the __init__.py file so that it gets included by the parser.

3./ At the end check in the database whether the field is added into it or not.

If these doesn't work share your code files here.

Regards

Discard
Best Answer

Antik, The error message says that they cannot find commercial_partner_id field in account.invoice model.  Are you using v8 of Odoo?  If so, there is something wrong with the configuration of your current database.  You might want to try to upgrade account module.  But do backup the database first before doing so.

Discard
Author Best Answer

@john doe : I use V7, a database that I am using is the result of a database restore my colleagues.
later on I will try to upgrade the account module. thank you

@emipro technologies : hello, I am using a database of my colleagues.
how to add field 'commercial_partner_id'? Can you tell me how?
I am a beginner, please teach me,
thank you,

Discard

It seems that your colleagues is using v8 instead of v7. commercial_partner_id field is available in account.invoice for v8. In v7 it does not. In any case, if you are restoring the database from your colleague, you NEED to ensure that all the modules from your colleague are available and relatively the same as well. If not, you'll be faced with a lot of configuration inconsistency problems. I'm afraid if you don't ensure that the modules are in sync first, this error may be just the tip of the iceberg.

Author

oh, yes I can ask my colleague what version he used. but can I install my account.invoice in v7? teach me, please thank you

Unfortunately making the modules to work for database from different version or vv is not going to be easy. Easiest path is to get the modules your colleagues are using and use that instead.

Author

okay I will ask my colleague, thank you for the advice.