Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error when adding a new field to a view

By
Eric
on 7/12/13, 2:25 PM 669 views

Hello,

There is a great step by step instruction if you are wanting to add a field to a view. Just search for this topic below:

How to add fields to the Projects summary view?!?!

The problem that I am having is when I update the view with a new field, I get an error message saying "Cant update View." Does anyone know why the view cant be updated?

Well it turns out that I was able to add a new field to a view, but in a different section of the view. I guess that means that some parts of a view may not be able to update whereas other parts are. This is what I am assuming anyways. Does anyone know if that is true?

Eric
on 7/12/13, 3:37 PM

Difficult to say for sure without seeing the actual code in question, can you post your .py and .xml?

Vizucom Oy, Timo Talvitie
on 7/12/13, 6:43 PM

paste your code and your xml over here.

Ghanshyam Prajapati
on 7/14/13, 8:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/12/13, 2:25 PM
Seen: 669 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM