Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error trying to install OpenERP-server on windows 7?

By
grupo cornejo
on 6/3/13, 4:18 PM 1,173 views

Hi, im trying to install openerp-server-7.0.4 on windows 7 but when i executed setup.py command i get the following error:

E:\openerp-server-6.0.4>setup.py build
  running build
  running build_py
  running egg_info
  writing requirements to openerp_server.egg-info\requires.txt
  writing openerp_server.egg-info\PKG-INFO
  writing top-level names to openerp_server.egg-info\top_level.txt
  writing dependency_links to openerp_server.egg-info\dependency_links.txt
  reading manifest file 'openerp_server.egg-info\SOURCES.txt'
  reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
  warning: no files found matching 'bin\server.cert'
  warning: no files found matching 'bin\server.pkey'
  warning: no files found matching 'bin\gpl.txt'
  warning: no previously-included files matching '*pyc' found anywhere in distribution
  warning: no previously-included files matching '*~' found anywhere in distribution
  writing manifest file 'openerp_server.egg-info\SOURCES.txt'
  running build_scripts
  copying openerp-server -> build\scripts-2.7
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "E:\openerp-server-6.0.4\setup.py", line 269, in <module>
      z = zipfile.ZipFile(zipfile_path, 'a')
    File "C:\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 703, in __init__
      self.fp = open(file, modeDict[mode])
  IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'dist\\library.zip'

E:\openerp-server-6.0.4>
  • Can you provide any solution please?

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 6/3/13, 4:33 PM

Is there any reason you install versopm 6.0.4? openERP V7 is the LTS and the version people are using now.

The error is about a file library.zip which is zupposed to be in the folder dist.

grupo cornejo
On 6/3/13, 5:01 PM

Hi, thing is theres no DIST folder on the ROOT of openerp-server-6.0.4, then consecuently no library.zip is found, how can i get it, because i just downloaded the package and uncompress it, and then i tried to build it via setup.py.

There's no specific reason i just want to install openERP source to check how it works, and maybe to develop some modules, but i need to install and run it just to get involved, one more thing i wonder if you have some manuals about the use, configuration for DataBase, to get it running please, whats the difference between openERP-web, server and client, i can deduce it, but i need to know when i should use one of them instead of other.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/3/13, 4:18 PM
Seen: 1173 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM