This question has been flagged

I am updating user group permissions via an Excel sheet. I have the user's database record and specified the technical name of the group I want to update (sel_groups_49_50). The import UI recognizes the technical group name and specifies the correct field. When I click import, I receive an error that only states the technical name of the field.

I'm not sure if there is an additional step or permission required to update permission records. This is v12.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Alex,

I assume that you are working with the res.users list. So, one row for each user. You must have at least two columns. "id" and "groups_id/id".

Example:

"id": base.user_admin

"groups_id/id": base.group_erp_manager,account.group_account_invoice,base.group_partner_manager,base.group_user,product.group_product_variant,base.group_system,account.group_show_line_subtotals_tax_excluded,base.group_no_one,account.group_products_in_bills

Odoo expects that in column 'groups_id/id' you will add all the groups that define this user. Not just the new ones.

There's no option to just add one extra group to a user. 

I'd recommend that you use the module https://github.com/OCA/server-backend/tree/12.0/base_user_role.

This module would allow you to standarize the roles in your company, and just assign users to predefined company roles.

Discard