This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Friends,

I run odoo 8 in eclipse..

I run as open-erp server > run as > python-run..

I stop it using stop button when i stop my work..

Next day i try to run odoo but it cause the following error every day...

error: [Errno 98] Address already in use

Then i go to terminal and type as follows & my error solved..

abc02@amz02-desktop:~$ ps aux|grep odoo
odoo      1143  0.0  1.7  80640 34896 ?        Sl   09:36   0:00 python /opt/odoo/odoo-server/openerp-server -c /etc/odoo-server.conf
abc02     2808  0.0  0.0   4688   820 pts/0    S+   09:47   0:00 grep --color=auto odoo
abc02@amz02-desktop:~$ sudo kill -9 1143
[sudo] password for abc02: 

BUT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DO THIS EVERYDAY!!!

Can u help me???

Thankss

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Aisha,

please refer this link for start the odoo perfectly for development perpose. https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-can-i-restart-odoo-without-creating-a-new-instance-each-time-73686#answer-73696

Click here

Discard
Author

This link is not available Mr

Just click on "click here" link

Best Answer

One or more process of Odoo must be running behind... It happens when the previous process is not stopped properly before restarting the new one..

Try this comand in the Terminal:

ps xa | grep openerp-server

this command will list out all the process running for the server, if you find more than one process, you can terminate that process, using

kill -9 [process_ID]

Discard
Best Answer

Your odoo service is in auto-start.  If you are using Ubuntu you can remove the autostart using the instruction here.

Discard
Author

Try it.. But error occured as follows, sudo update-rc.d tomcat disable

tomcat is NOT the name of your service. You need to find out what is odoo's service name. It is usually placed in /etc/init.d/ folder.

Author

I find a odoo-server file in /etc/init.d Is'nt it??

Most probably. I wouldn't be able to confirm 100% it depends on how your environment is set-up for the first time. Try to disable it and see if you still get the address conflict issue. If it is not the right service, you can enable it again using sudo update.rc-d XXXX enable