This question has been flagged
1 Reply

When attaching a document file from Documents page there´s a limit size of 25mb. That restriction is in web/static/source/js/view_form.js --> this.max_upload_size = 25 * 1024 * 1024; // 25Mo I changed that value to 250mb but when I try to attach a large file the browser freezes.

Any ideas why?

Discard
Best Answer

Try this module : attachment_size_limit

If it's a browser issue, try to debug with " Firebug " .

Check also your browser installed extensions.

Discard
Author

Thanks but that´s not what I need. That module just restricts the size of the files uploaded through the attachment button, and my problem not there. My problem is on Documents Page, when I try to upload a large file(aprox. more than 100mb) the browser freezes.

For this size of file, i think it's normal that your browser seems freezing. Can you give me more details (1-try to wait and see if at last the file is uploaded, this may take a long time depending on the type of your connection. 2- Where do you upload your file " on a local network or externally .... , 3- Try with other browsers or upgrade yours ------ Waiting for your response

IMPORTANT: which kind of file storage do you use: Database or File sytem? If it is Database you will run into troubles

Author

The storage is File System(local). The browser freezes, I can't attach images here to show you. In chrome, sometimes I get a error(black window with error message) and sometimes the window gets empty(grey color). Waiting is not the problem. Firefox has the same problem and IE is worse. What's the difference in doing an attachment through the attachment button (where I have no problem with the size) and creating a document in Documents Page (where I'm having problems)?

Could you post the error message or a Print Screen. The best way is to post your log file.

Author

As I said, I can´t upload images. The error is in chrome("Aw, Snap!"), no log generated in Openerp, I added a breakpoint to attachment create/write and never reached them. I don´t know if it´s a javascript problem or a browser problem (It happens with all browsers). How do I know which functions the buttons call, the attachment button(does not throw error), and when I upload a file through Documents page(throws the error)?