Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error in attachment from documents page

By
Martin Varela
on 2/11/14, 12:31 PM 1,685 views

When attaching a document file from Documents page there´s a limit size of 25mb. That restriction is in web/static/source/js/view_form.js --> this.max_upload_size = 25 * 1024 * 1024; // 25Mo I changed that value to 250mb but when I try to attach a large file the browser freezes.

Any ideas why?

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 2/11/14, 6:06 PM

Try this module : attachment_size_limit

If it's a browser issue, try to debug with " Firebug " .

Check also your browser installed extensions.

Thanks but that´s not what I need. That module just restricts the size of the files uploaded through the attachment button, and my problem not there. My problem is on Documents Page, when I try to upload a large file(aprox. more than 100mb) the browser freezes.

Martin Varela
on 2/12/14, 8:32 AM

For this size of file, i think it's normal that your browser seems freezing. Can you give me more details (1-try to wait and see if at last the file is uploaded, this may take a long time depending on the type of your connection. 2- Where do you upload your file " on a local network or externally .... , 3- Try with other browsers or upgrade yours ------ Waiting for your response

Med Said BARA
on 2/12/14, 2:03 PM

IMPORTANT: which kind of file storage do you use: Database or File sytem? If it is Database you will run into troubles

Med Said BARA
on 2/12/14, 3:42 PM

The storage is File System(local). The browser freezes, I can't attach images here to show you. In chrome, sometimes I get a error(black window with error message) and sometimes the window gets empty(grey color). Waiting is not the problem. Firefox has the same problem and IE is worse. What's the difference in doing an attachment through the attachment button (where I have no problem with the size) and creating a document in Documents Page (where I'm having problems)?

Martin Varela
on 2/12/14, 5:18 PM

Could you post the error message or a Print Screen. The best way is to post your log file.

Med Said BARA
on 2/12/14, 5:21 PM

As I said, I can´t upload images. The error is in chrome("Aw, Snap!"), no log generated in Openerp, I added a breakpoint to attachment create/write and never reached them. I don´t know if it´s a javascript problem or a browser problem (It happens with all browsers). How do I know which functions the buttons call, the attachment button(does not throw error), and when I upload a file through Documents page(throws the error)?

Martin Varela
on 2/24/14, 2:03 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/11/14, 12:31 PM
Seen: 1685 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM