Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error confirm sales order from quotation, if Warehouse role is user

By
Roger Flores F.
on 5/20/13, 11:18 AM 1,393 views

Hello, I am trying to confirm a sales order from a quotation. But i got a security error on document: Location.

If i change the user role for the warehouse from user to manager, then i can confirm the order.

Is this normal?

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 5/20/13, 11:25 AM

Yes. Its normal. There are security rights are given to user.

i.e. There are some operation that can be performed only by those users. Like warehouse user cannot perform operations of warehouse admin.

I know a warehouse user can not do operations of a warehouse admin. But, how do i make the sales user to confirm an order if i dont want he to be a warehouse manager?

Roger Flores F.
on 5/20/13, 12:19 PM

Then you need to provide some access rights to him.

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 5/21/13, 2:32 AM

Is there a way to know what rule is violating?

Roger Flores F.
on 5/21/13, 8:29 AM

I guess it is a bug.
I just give the user the same roles y rigths as admin user. But the user still cannot confirm the order.

if i uncheck the active checkbox for the location rule, then the user can confirm the order.

Roger Flores F.
on 5/21/13, 12:03 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/20/13, 11:18 AM
Seen: 1393 times
Last updated: 6/10/16, 4:37 AM