This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello:

I want to keep track of all expenses associated with our fork lift in a separate analytic account. Can someone explain how to do this?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Michael, here are some tips to get you started:

-Install the Purchase and Timesheets modules

-Enable the following features from the Settings menu:

• Accounting -> Analytic accounting
  • Purchases -> Analytic accounting for purchases
  • Human resources -> Manage timesheets

Now you can go define a new analytic account for the fork lift at Accounting -> Analytic accounts -> Create. Remember to tick the "timesheets" box if you intend to track working hours.

After you have created the analytic account, you can link your purchase orders (e.g. fuel, spare parts) and employee timesheets (e.g. time spent repairing or operating the lift) to it.

• For purchase orders the option can be found on each purchase order line when creating a new PO.
  • Timesheets are created at Human Resources -> Timesheet activities. The 'inline edit' tree view already has the option to define the analytic account, but note also that if you switch to the form view from the top right corner, you are also able to explicitly define the amount that should be debited from the account.

Once you have created some entries, they can be viewed by going to Accounting -> Chart of analytic accounts, selecting a timeframe and clicking the the name of the analytic account.

image description

image description

Discard
Author

Hello Timo:

Author

That sounds great, but I don't have an Analytic accounts button inside of accounting. Under settings, I do have the analytic accounting boxes checked:

I updated the answer with screenshots - if those views are not there I think you are still missing some prerequisite module. Check that you have Accounting and Finance (account_accountant) & Analytic accounting (analytic) installed.