Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Enter time by *task* (not project) on HR Timesheet

By
Larry Berger
on 4/6/14, 10:25 PM 8,494 views

I need to know how many hours we spend on what we do, and I need to know it to the task-level of detail. This is not for invoicing purposes (we bill lump sum), Rather it is for understanding our costs.

How is this done? I've tried several addons that claim to do this, but none seem to work. Thanks.

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 4/7/14, 4:32 PM

Ray is correct, but you might like to try the timesheet_task module , that adds a column for Task on the Timesheets.

Thank you, both. I discovered that this app was able to achieve my goal: https://www.openerp.com/apps/7.0/hr_timesheet_task/. It requires another non-stock app and the native Open ERP Project Mgt and time sheet apps. I originally was having trouble getting these to work and discovered I had a few conflicting timesheet apps (or addons) installed. Since this is a sandbox implementation, I removed all timesheet modules, then added the "official one" and the ones at the link above. After then rechecking track time settings in Project and overall system settings, I have exactly what I need now :).

Larry Berger
on 4/7/14, 6:31 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 4/7/14, 12:24 AM

The Work Summary area on the Description tab of a Task is where people enter the time they spend on Tasks:

image description

This information is added to timesheets automatically:

image description

Reports showing Task / Hours breakdown are available in the Reporting tab:

image description

More information:

https://doc.openerp.com/book/4/4_13_Projects/4_13_Projects_management

Thank you. I see how that works, but many times people are used to looking at a week (as a grid) and adding their work day-by-day broken down by task. Does OpenERP allow a timesheet view allowing users to add time from tbe perspective of what they did on a day (by task) without tunneling into the projects, ie, a classic timesheet view? I understand what youve explained, but I think our users will need both methods. Thx.

Larry Berger
on 4/7/14, 12:41 AM
flg
On 7/18/14, 6:48 AM

It looks like that we have the same need (see my post here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/linkings-tasks-and-timesheets-57686)

I tried teh modules made by camptocamp (Analytic Timesheet In Task (timesheet_task) & Task in time sheet (hr_timesheet_task)). They work fine but they are 3rd party modules and thuis can not really be used over the long term due to upgrade issues between major versions.

What about odoo adding this modules in the main branch with the possibility to activate them as option ? :-p

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/6/14, 10:25 PM
Seen: 8494 times
Last updated: 4/8/16, 4:49 PM