This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hello to all,

I am sure many people had these kinds of situation so I kindly ask for your advice/experience.

Here is the story;

Recently I discovered my email server (mailjet) has a limit of 100 for "email sender". When I get a notification (because I follow an invoice) form Odoo, I see that "from" is actually the client. Meaning, Odoo using mailjet account to send a notification but the "from" is a client. Therefore my email sender limit is full and I can't receive any notification from "new clients" anymore.

I followed this (Configuration>Messages > Groupby "from") and I found many clients that Odoo put in "from".

Questions;

1) Should I change my Mailjet account to someone else, which one do you suggest?

2) Is recommended to change the Odoo behavior from Python?

Regards,

Emir.

Discard

At first sight, your question 2) is for sure not an option.

Best Answer

Before investing anymore time, I would look for an smtp provider without such a limit, that is extremely low anyway. IMHO you need a provider like Mailjet for mass mailing only, otherwise you can use any common consumer email account for sending emails.

For my customers I use AWS SES for mass mailing, but I'm running my servers on AWS, so it is obvious.

Discard
Author

This is it! Super advice and sharing experience. I am quite happy now :) as a temporary solution, I changed the "from" to catchall@.. so all subs get the notification. At the same time I will work on your advice.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, how exactly have you solved it?

Discard
Author

Well, after many many many conversations with Mailjet, they told me that I had to ask them to set a "default sender email". At the end they setup the mail account I told them to set as a default sender and this was a solid solution. After a month, they made another problem which is still going on. Odoo sends email with uuid in the header and during the return of the email (client to odoo), mailjet removes the uuid from the header :( I complained about this via LinkeIn so I am hopping they will solve this problem. Honestly try to ask to set up as a default sender but I can't guarantee that Mailjet is a solid company to use. I hope I was helpful to you.

Author Best Answer

19 views and no answer. Come on people, if it's not clear you can simply write it or do you not want to share your experience?

Discard