This is a simple setup and yet I cannot send a test email. What I did is as following:
1. set up an outgoing mail server
1a. SMTP Server: mydomain.com (yes, this is same as my domain name)
1b. SSL/TLS enabled, Port 465
1c. username and password filled
2. Test connection successfully ("Connection Test Succeeded! Everything seems properly set up!")
3. Alias Domain is set to mydomain.com (Settings->Configuration->General Settings)
4. Going to Settings->Technical->Emails
5. Create a test email to send
6. After I click the "Send Now" button, it states "Delivery Failed".
What is wrong with this set up? It works fine if I use different SMTP server such as gmail but not my own hosting domain SMTP.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 3/18/15, 9:36 PM|
|Seen: 750 times|
|Last updated: 4/3/15, 3:07 PM|