Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
This is a simple setup and yet I cannot send a test email. What I did is as following:
1. set up an outgoing mail server
1a. SMTP Server: mydomain.com (yes, this is same as my domain name)
1b. SSL/TLS enabled, Port 465
1c. username and password filled
2. Test connection successfully ("Connection Test Succeeded! Everything seems properly set up!")
3. Alias Domain is set to mydomain.com (Settings->Configuration->General Settings)
4. Going to Settings->Technical->Emails
5. Create a test email to send
6. After I click the "Send Now" button, it states "Delivery Failed".
What is wrong with this set up? It works fine if I use different SMTP server such as gmail but not my own hosting domain SMTP.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/18/15, 9:36 PM|
|Seen: 972 times|
|Last updated: 4/3/15, 3:07 PM|