Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Email delivery failed

By
Tim
on 3/18/15, 9:36 PM 791 views

This is a simple setup and yet I cannot send a test email. What I did is as following:

1. set up an outgoing mail server

1a. SMTP Server: mydomain.com (yes, this is same as my domain name)

1b. SSL/TLS enabled, Port 465

1c. username and password filled

2. Test connection successfully ("Connection Test Succeeded! Everything seems properly set up!")

3. Alias Domain is set to mydomain.com (Settings->Configuration->General Settings)

4. Going to Settings->Technical->Emails

5. Create a test email to send

6. After I click the "Send Now" button, it states "Delivery Failed".

What is wrong with this set up? It works fine if I use different SMTP server such as gmail but not my own hosting domain SMTP.

Help anybody? Is this a bug? I would like to use my own hosting SMTP server instead of using gmail. My hosting SMTP is working fine with my email client but not Odoo.

Tim
on 3/31/15, 6:15 PM
Diego Calzadilla
On 4/1/15, 1:16 PM

Maybe this link is helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvijNv6T39g

pls link english next time cheers

August Doo
on 7/9/15, 1:00 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/18/15, 9:36 PM
Seen: 791 times
Last updated: 4/3/15, 3:07 PM