This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello to all OpenERP users / developers.

I'm trying to understand whether OpenERP mailing module has evolved in such a way that it can be used as a mailing (newsletter) system. I'm not looking for the whole shebang, only basic features like: The number of Read emails, The number of bounced messages, Unsubscribing and Url Click Tracking. These are present in SugarCRM (which we're trying to get rid of in favor of OpenERP).

It has been asked before: forum.openerp.com/forum/topic31859.html and help.openerp.com/question/3483/url-click-tracking-in-mass-mailing/.

The OpenERP developers' response, given 1 year ago, was: We are actually working on the features you describe (email analytics) where it will be possible to track the behavior of marketing seg

Is this already developed in bazaar, or should I look for a newslettering system like phplist?

Discard

I would like to give this a vote - only thing stopping us dropping sugar is "email analytics" - I have done some playing with google analytics and it will be a stop gap but not ideal

Best Answer

Hi George,

in Odoo v8, you can definitely see the number of bounced and read emails per mailing.
Regarding number of unsubscribing, you can filter either the whole contact list or a specific existing mailing list for a list of customers that unsubscribed, so it's somehow possible. As for url tracking, I'm not sure Odoo can do it out of the box. There is, however, an A/B testing feature I haven't tried myself, yet.

Best, Roman

Discard