This question has been flagged

How can I transfer invoices from one OpenERP database to another (between two companies that use OpenERP)?

In the 7.0 Release notes, it says: "The EDI mechanism is mobilized when a user shares an OpenERP object (e.g. a sales quotation) with a customer. The mail message is the vehicle used to transmit the EDI file; a file that is signed with an auto generated key pair. The mail contains the link towards the object, allowing the customer to directly view that object in the originating OpenERP system. Furthermore, the mail contains the JSON attachment, which permits the importation of the data into the target system. OpenERP 7.0 automatically adds the instructions explaining how to import the document. Typically, the customer can click on the link to visualise the data in a form view. An accompanying EDI panel provides options to either import the EDI message using the URL or get the JSON data to perform a manual import. Alternatively, the customer can proceed by forwarding the message to the generic email address of his OpenERP instance. "

I am missing something... I have the eInvoicing and the EDI-modules installed. Should I install something more?

1. I have tried "send by email" on the invoice. The recepient gets an email with a "view invoice in portal" link. But when he clicks the link, he gets to a portal that does not have an option to import the document. (In the documentation for v6 there are screen prints of "import"-functionality in the portal. I don't get them on my portal experiment.)

2.I would prefer the latter option described above: "get the message to the generic email address of his OpenERP instance" and import it as a file.

How can I do that? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Discard