This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Dear community!

I've configured in OpenERP Outgoing e-mail server with our company's e-mail. But the problem is, that it doesn't work properly. When I try to send quotation, for example, on some e-mail, I can't do it - I don't receive any error; system simply doesn't send message. But when I've setup system to send messages on user's e-mails when some action is made with task (created, edited, and so on), user receive e-mail, which is sent from our company's mailbox. And that means, that SMTP server for outgoing e-mails works properly, as I understand. 

But in this case, why I can't send quotations, purchase orders and other stuff via our company's mailbox via OpenERP? Can anyone help me with it? And, by the way, when I setup Outgoing e-mail server with my gmail mailbox, everything works fine.

Help me, please, with this problem!

Thank you very much in advance!

Discard

Im having the same problem. I think I tracked the problem down in line 261 of the mail_compose_message.py file. There is an if statement which checks if the mass_mail_mode and post_values['partner_ids'] variables are true. if they are then it will run the line that sends the mail. Otherwise it wont. My issue is with the mass_mail_mode variable not being true, so I have to figure out why. Hope this helps

mass_mail_mode is False because the wizard.composition_mode = 'comment' and not 'mass_mail'

The composition_mode is being set to 'comment' in the sale.py file, in the action_quotation_send() method

Author

Thank you very much! But is it possible to reach python file of code through the OpenERP system, without direct access on installation folder?

No this is something that may need to be changed in the python file. However, I was able to send an email out because I bypasses a part that checks the user preferences. I would check your partners/customers and make sure that they havent opted out of any emails. This maybe a simple fix this way

Here is a list of things to check for your partners/customers: # Do not send to partners without email address defined # Do not send to partners having same email address than the author (can cause loops or bounce effect due to messy database) # Partner does not want to receive any emails or is opt-out # Partner wants to receive only emails and comments # Partner wants to receive only emails

Author

Thank you very much, Eric! But I'm not sure, that problem is in settings - I've checked, everything seems to be OK. I can even share via our company's e-mail links to purchase orders, and so on (when I select in the upper menu More - > Share. For all email templates I've selected configured outgoing e-mail server... Everything seems to be OK, but it doesn't work... Can I kindly ask you to tell some more ideas?

Did you check if your customer has the opt-out check box selected? I know some other emails might be sent, but I think that's because it uses a different process than this one. let me know if your customers settings are and I'll see if I can help some more

Author

Thank you, Eric! But opt-out check box is not selected for the customers. You can check it, please, here - http://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=d28d8efa0c6f8cde2de205564e2873f5 .

Author Best Answer
Discard
Best Answer

I think the real issue lies with a customer's preference setting being set to a value that prevents sending the message. So I would check there for you. Otherwise I was able to get mine working again. Hope this helps

You can check the preferences by clicking on Sales->Customers->Sales & Purchases 

Then you can check the settings for the customer/partner there

Discard