Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

E-mail sending

Ivan Yakushchenko
on 6/4/14, 5:04 PM 1,268 views

Dear community!

I've configured in OpenERP Outgoing e-mail server with our company's e-mail. But the problem is, that it doesn't work properly. When I try to send quotation, for example, on some e-mail, I can't do it - I don't receive any error; system simply doesn't send message. But when I've setup system to send messages on user's e-mails when some action is made with task (created, edited, and so on), user receive e-mail, which is sent from our company's mailbox. And that means, that SMTP server for outgoing e-mails works properly, as I understand. 

But in this case, why I can't send quotations, purchase orders and other stuff via our company's mailbox via OpenERP? Can anyone help me with it? And, by the way, when I setup Outgoing e-mail server with my gmail mailbox, everything works fine.

Help me, please, with this problem!

Thank you very much in advance!

Im having the same problem. I think I tracked the problem down in line 261 of the mail_compose_message.py file. There is an if statement which checks if the mass_mail_mode and post_values['partner_ids'] variables are true. if they are then it will run the line that sends the mail. Otherwise it wont. My issue is with the mass_mail_mode variable not being true, so I have to figure out why. Hope this helps

on 6/4/14, 7:27 PM

mass_mail_mode is False because the wizard.composition_mode = 'comment' and not 'mass_mail'

on 6/4/14, 7:33 PM

The composition_mode is being set to 'comment' in the sale.py file, in the action_quotation_send() method

on 6/4/14, 7:45 PM

Thank you very much! But is it possible to reach python file of code through the OpenERP system, without direct access on installation folder?

Ivan Yakushchenko
on 6/5/14, 8:15 AM

No this is something that may need to be changed in the python file. However, I was able to send an email out because I bypasses a part that checks the user preferences. I would check your partners/customers and make sure that they havent opted out of any emails. This maybe a simple fix this way

on 6/5/14, 11:46 AM

Here is a list of things to check for your partners/customers: # Do not send to partners without email address defined # Do not send to partners having same email address than the author (can cause loops or bounce effect due to messy database) # Partner does not want to receive any emails or is opt-out # Partner wants to receive only emails and comments # Partner wants to receive only emails

on 6/5/14, 12:04 PM

Thank you very much, Eric! But I'm not sure, that problem is in settings - I've checked, everything seems to be OK. I can even share via our company's e-mail links to purchase orders, and so on (when I select in the upper menu More - > Share. For all email templates I've selected configured outgoing e-mail server... Everything seems to be OK, but it doesn't work... Can I kindly ask you to tell some more ideas?

Ivan Yakushchenko
on 6/5/14, 2:23 PM

Did you check if your customer has the opt-out check box selected? I know some other emails might be sent, but I think that's because it uses a different process than this one. let me know if your customers settings are and I'll see if I can help some more

on 6/5/14, 4:02 PM

Thank you, Eric! But opt-out check box is not selected for the customers. You can check it, please, here - http://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=d28d8efa0c6f8cde2de205564e2873f5 .

Ivan Yakushchenko
on 6/6/14, 3:08 AM
On 6/5/14, 12:08 PM

I think the real issue lies with a customer's preference setting being set to a value that prevents sending the message. So I would check there for you. Otherwise I was able to get mine working again. Hope this helps

You can check the preferences by clicking on Sales->Customers->Sales & Purchases 

Then you can check the settings for the customer/partner there

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

5 follower(s)

Asked: 6/4/14, 5:04 PM
Seen: 1268 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM