This question has been flagged

I want to duplicate an invoice under Accounting/Customers/Customers Invoices. After chooising the invoice, I could select via Popup-Menu the option "Duplicate". Now I can "Validate" the duplicated invoice.

BUT, unfortunatly there ist no stock movement or procurement in the warehouse.

Maybe I have the wrong idea duplicating invoices. But after duplicating and validating an invoice there should be a stock movement and a change of the amount of the invoiced product.

Another problem with this issue: How can I figure out invoices with and without stock movement? An invoice without stock movement could lead to serious problem with stock valuation!

Regards, Ingo

Discard

Thanks for the explanation. I think I will hide the duplicate option for invoices. IMHO it doesn't make sense for changing the journal entries without taking care of the stock quantities. Or anybody has a scenario using this feature?

Yes, if you don't use stocks and/or warehouse management.

Best Answer

Hi.

Invoice and stocked movoments are completely separate objects which work independently. Invoice causes journal entries while stock movoment(Delivery Order) causes quantity of stock to change.  Both can be generated prom Sales or Purchase Order and separately as well. The thing is that if you want the stock quantity to be changed by duplicating, there are TWO ways: 1.Just duplicate the sales order which generated the old invoice and then generate the new invvoice and new delivery order. 2. Go to the old delivery order, duplicate it and then Invoice it. (Before doing this, activate: Generate invoices after and based on delivery orders.)

Discard

See this also: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/accounting-invoice-doesnt-alter-stock-in-hand-72330