This question has been flagged
2 Replies

i create a new report in openerp using openoffice.org 1. i design a report 2. try to export the file as .rml using the option(Export to rml) 3. it pop up a window, and i gave a name and choose a folder to save it. 4. but when i open the folder, i cant see the .rml file.

Please help me to find out the .rml file. Or is there any other way to export the file(from .sxw to .rml) Or how i should convert the file(.sxw->.rml)

Please help any one. Thanks in Advance.Awaiting your reply.

Discard
Best Answer

You can convert your .sxw to .rml using base_report_designer module.

Try following steps:

Open terminal -> go to openerp_sxw2rml folder like this:

cd addons/base_report_designer/openerp_sxw2rml

Then run this command: python openerp_sxw2rml.py absolute path of sxw > absolute path of rml

Like this:

python openerp_sxw2rml.py /home/arya/my_module/report/my_report.sxw > /home/arya/my_module/report/my_report.rml

This will convert sxw file into rml and you can find your file at given path of rml.

Thank you.

Discard
Best Answer

May be you have given some other path and looking somewhere else first be sure ...if problem still remain then tell

Discard
Author

i check the whole system,but i cant found out the exported .rml file. When i export rml file of an existing one i got file in tmp folder. But when i create a new report and export the rml file, i cant get it from any folder. tried to save in different folder,but yet issue is occurring. Will u please help me to guide creating a new custom module with report feature. I know to create a custom module. but dont know to link it with its report.(i'm using ubuntu11.04) Thanks in Advance...

Have you push back it to server before going to create a .rml file

Author

Yes i send first it to server. Then export the rml file. Its very urgent for me to know. I'm stuck with this last two days. First i connect server credentials. Then open a new report. add wanted fields in a module. then send it to server. next try to export the rml file. after exporting i couldnt get the file anywhere in the s/m... Please help me. Thanks in advance

http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic15102.html see this if its helps ....n sry for my late reply :(

Author

Its ok... thanks for your reply... But i didnt install reportlab and libxml. And how to install these two in windows.