Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Doubt to export .rml file from .sxw file

By
Remya
on 3/11/13, 3:54 AM 3,787 views

i create a new report in openerp using openoffice.org 1. i design a report 2. try to export the file as .rml using the option(Export to rml) 3. it pop up a window, and i gave a name and choose a folder to save it. 4. but when i open the folder, i cant see the .rml file.

Please help me to find out the .rml file. Or is there any other way to export the file(from .sxw to .rml) Or how i should convert the file(.sxw->.rml)

Please help any one. Thanks in Advance.Awaiting your reply.

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 4/11/13, 7:14 AM

You can convert your .sxw to .rml using base_report_designer module.

Try following steps:

Open terminal -> go to openerp_sxw2rml folder like this:

cd addons/base_report_designer/openerp_sxw2rml

Then run this command: python openerp_sxw2rml.py absolute path of sxw > absolute path of rml

Like this:

python openerp_sxw2rml.py /home/arya/my_module/report/my_report.sxw > /home/arya/my_module/report/my_report.rml

This will convert sxw file into rml and you can find your file at given path of rml.

Thank you.

Abhishek
On 3/11/13, 7:37 AM

May be you have given some other path and looking somewhere else first be sure ...if problem still remain then tell

i check the whole system,but i cant found out the exported .rml file. When i export rml file of an existing one i got file in tmp folder. But when i create a new report and export the rml file, i cant get it from any folder. tried to save in different folder,but yet issue is occurring. Will u please help me to guide creating a new custom module with report feature. I know to create a custom module. but dont know to link it with its report.(i'm using ubuntu11.04) Thanks in Advance...

Remya
on 3/11/13, 8:29 AM

Have you push back it to server before going to create a .rml file

Abhishek
on 3/11/13, 10:14 AM

Yes i send first it to server. Then export the rml file. Its very urgent for me to know. I'm stuck with this last two days. First i connect server credentials. Then open a new report. add wanted fields in a module. then send it to server. next try to export the rml file. after exporting i couldnt get the file anywhere in the s/m... Please help me. Thanks in advance

Remya
on 3/11/13, 1:23 PM

http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic15102.html see this if its helps ....n sry for my late reply :(

Abhishek
on 3/12/13, 3:33 PM

Its ok... thanks for your reply... But i didnt install reportlab and libxml. And how to install these two in windows.

Remya
on 3/13/13, 5:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/13, 3:54 AM
Seen: 3787 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM