This question has been flagged
3 Replies

My Odoo user automatically follows every task that is created and it fills up my inbox.  How can I prevent this?

Discard
Best Answer

you can follow these steps to prevent automatic following for tasks:

1. Log in to your Odoo backend as an administrator or a user with sufficient access rights.
  2. Go to the "Settings" module.
  3. Under the "Users & Companies" section, click on "Users."
  4. Select the user for whom you want to disable automatic following of tasks.
  5. In the user form, scroll down to the "Preferences" section.
  6. Look for the "Followers" field or option.
  7. By default, the "Followers" field is set to "Automatically subscribe to every record I create or edit." Change this option to "Do not automatically subscribe to any record."
  8. Save the changes and exit the user form.

By changing the "Followers" option to "Do not automatically subscribe to any record," the user will no longer be automatically following tasks or any other records they create or edit. This should prevent your inbox from getting filled up with notifications for every task.

Discard

Hi!
The followers option in Odoo 16.2 does not show on the User -> preferences Menu.
Any advice to find it?
Thanks!

If you cannot see it in your instance, there are a few possible reasons:

User Access Rights: Ensure that you have the necessary access rights to view and modify user preferences. Check your user role and permissions to ensure that you have the required privileges.

Configuration Setting: Verify that the followers option is enabled in the system configuration. Go to Settings -> General Settings -> Discussions and make sure the "Followers" option is enabled.

Module Installation: Confirm that the module responsible for managing followers is installed and up to date. You can check the installed modules in the Apps menu and search for modules related to followers or discussions.

Hi! Trying all In Odoo 16.2:

User Access Rights: Checked. All my rights are in Administrator.
Configuration Setting: The option does not show.
Module Installation: I double check all modules and nothing.

Please: Any other advice?
Thanks 😅

Best Answer

If you are following the project in which the tasks are created, then that's the reason why you are being added as a follower of every task. If you want to avoid that, just unfollow the project.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, 

This might not be super helpful to you, but I found a solution similar when I was working with res.partner. 

My solution was to basically throw jQuery at the problem when we had users that would keep making companies follow themselves (among other things) 

// Hijack the confirm dialog box to be returned later

oconfirm = confirm;

confirm = function() {

//console.log.apply(console, arguments);

return true;

};

$('[data-fullname*="'+$('h1 .oe_form_field > .oe_form_char_content').text()+'"]').attr('checked', false); // Uncheck email for this company

$('.o_mail_redirect[title="'+$('h1 .oe_form_field > .oe_form_char_content').text()+'"]').parent().children('.o_remove_follower').trigger('click'); // Make this company unfollow itself

for(var i=0;i<names.length;i++){ // For each contact in company that follows, make them unfollow as well

$('.o_mail_redirect[title="'+names[i]+'"]').parent().children('.o_remove_follower').trigger('click');

}

confirm = oconfirm;

Now this is just a snippet and will probably not work for you, but might point you in the same direction I was headed. I suggest using your web browser's development features and technical mode in Odoo to be able to figure out the exact classes you would need to use for Tasks.

As an aside,  Navigating to Settings -> Technical -> Email -> Followers contains a list of all of those relations. Simply searching Related Partner contains your name will give you the ability to select what you don't want to follow and delete the relation

Discard