Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Don't automatically follow every task

A. Person
on 3/29/16, 4:52 PM 254 views

My Odoo user automatically follows every task that is created and it fills up my inbox.  How can I prevent this?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 3/29/16, 11:20 PM

If you are following the project in which the tasks are created, then that's the reason why you are being added as a follower of every task. If you want to avoid that, just unfollow the project.

David Todd
On 3/29/16, 5:51 PM

This might not be super helpful to you, but I found a solution similar when I was working with res.partner. 

My solution was to basically throw jQuery at the problem when we had users that would keep making companies follow themselves (among other things) 

// Hijack the confirm dialog box to be returned later

oconfirm = confirm;

confirm = function() {

//console.log.apply(console, arguments);

return true;

$('[data-fullname*="'+$('h1 .oe_form_field > .oe_form_char_content').text()+'"]').attr('checked', false); // Uncheck email for this company

$('.o_mail_redirect[title="'+$('h1 .oe_form_field > .oe_form_char_content').text()+'"]').parent().children('.o_remove_follower').trigger('click'); // Make this company unfollow itself

for(var i=0;i<names.length;i++){ // For each contact in company that follows, make them unfollow as well

confirm = oconfirm;

Now this is just a snippet and will probably not work for you, but might point you in the same direction I was headed. I suggest using your web browser's development features and technical mode in Odoo to be able to figure out the exact classes you would need to use for Tasks.

As an aside,  Navigating to Settings -> Technical -> Email -> Followers contains a list of all of those relations. Simply searching Related Partner contains your name will give you the ability to select what you don't want to follow and delete the relation

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/29/16, 4:52 PM
Seen: 254 times
Last updated: 3/29/16, 11:20 PM