Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Does Odoo have any easter eggs (undocumented features)?

By
Stephen Mack
on 7/20/14, 11:38 AM 2,423 views

An easter egg is hidden/undocumented feature that is included as a joke or a bonus.  So does odoo have any such undocumented features?

amazing what people give upvotes for ... congrats, you hit the nerve of everyone apparently

gunnar
on 7/31/14, 7:04 AM

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 7/20/14, 11:47 AM

KITTEN MODE:

Since version 6.1 odoo has had a secret "kitten" mode.  What does it do and how is it invoked?

Kitten mode places a cute kitten picture as the background of odoo and invokes a kitten purring sound when you receive an im chat message.

To enter kitten mode you simply include the word kitten in the url string of odoo such as: 
https://demo.openerp.com/web?kitten

The kitten image file and audio file are stored on your web server in version 8 with the installation of the web and im_chat modules and are invoked via a css rule.  However since version 6.1 each release of odoo has had slightly different features / images available.

The kitten image originally came form the following website: http://placekitten.com

Example image of the easter egg:

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

5 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/20/14, 11:38 AM
Seen: 2423 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM