This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi community!

I've been playing around with various formatting and widgets, but I cannot figure out a way to display a float (.3) as a percentage 3%.

Surely there must be a way to do this?

Thanks!

-Tim

Discard

In the web addon in the file web/static/src/js/view_form.js, you can see the list of all available form view widgets. The closest thing in that list would be the progressbar. The nicer but tougher alternative would be to write a module that extends the web interface to add a widget that displays floats as a percentage. Someone might have done that already but I have no idea.

Best Answer

I think this module (https://github.com/figol/percentage_widget ) would help you a lot.

Discard

doesn't work with odoo 8.0

Best Answer

Is't covered in Odoo v8 ???

Discard
Best Answer

You can use the progressbar widget it renders a progressbar with a percentage based on a float.

Do display 3% without a progressbar, you have to develop your own widget. (just a few lines of code)

Discard
Author

Could you explain just a little more on how I could implement this with a few lines of code? I've done some extensive openerp module editing, but nothing with the web or js files. I basically understand that I pretty much need to copy the progressbar code, put this code in my custom module, and take out the portion that renders the bar. Could you point me in the right direction to get started?