Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Directly Editing .rml Files For Custom Reports

By
Alex Gallien
on 6/2/14, 2:43 PM 588 views

I have been using the OpenOffice module to edit some custom reports, but would like to fine-tune what I have done a bit by directly editing the .rml file. Specifically it is the Production Order report. I can't seem to find my edited version anywhere on the server though, only the default located in /addons/mrp/report/. Is it possible to edit the .rml file directly?

What I am trying to edit is part of a <section>. I have a repeatIn() function that needs to be containd in <section> tags, but when I add a section in OpenOffice it adds an extra line. When I export my .rml file it looks like this:

<section>
      <para style="terp_default_8">[[ repeatIn(o.routing_id.workcenter_lines,'line3') ]]</para>
      <blockTable colWidths="264.0,264.0" style="Table11">
        <tr>
          <td>
            <para style="terp_default_Centre_8">[[ line3.name ]]</para>
          </td>
          <td>
            <para style="terp_default_Centre_8">[[ line3.note ]]</para>
          </td>
        </tr>
      </blockTable>
      <para style="P4">
        <font color="white"> </font>
      </para>

</section>

The bolded section being what I want to remove. I am going to try fiddling with OpenOffice a bit more, but if anyone could tell me where the modified RML file is hiding, that would be the easiest solution. Thanks!

Francisco Lercari
On 6/27/14, 11:08 PM

Hi Alex Gallien if you can edit the file directly, only I recommend you keep a copy of the original first rml.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/2/14, 2:43 PM
Seen: 588 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM