This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We have a user, who has been updating some products names to match a pattern.

The problem is that ONLY this user can see the updated product names. All other users, including the Admin, see the old product names. So, basically, it looks like if Odoo is keeping two names for every product. One for this user, and another name for the rest.

Any hints on how to solve this data inconsistency? Should we be concerned that this could happen on critical places like inventory count, etc.?

Update: We have found out that the source of this problem is "translations". User making changes is using a different language. If we switch the language of this user to English, then all the product names are the old/wrong ones.

I still don't know how to fix the problem, or how is it being created. It would have been good to enable the user to use their language of choice without causing these inconsistencies. Or is there a way to prevent this, or at least mass-update the names?

Discard
Author Best Answer

If you have users using different languages, you have to make sure that when they modify text on a box that shows the little blue flag on the upper-right hand corner, they click on it and enter the translation into all other languages, or at least, remove the old text (translations) from the list.

Let me explain with an example: I uploaded several products (ex. "Instant Demo"), and I have my Odoo language set to English. Then my co-worker, who has the Odoo language set to Spanish, updated those product names (ex. "Instantaneous Demo"). As a result of this update, Odoo created a Spanish "translation" for all those product names, and kept the English "translation" with the original, uploaded, text. All users using English as their Odoo language were seeing the old/original text ("Instant Demo"), while all users using Spanish were seeing the new/updated text ("Instantaneous Demo").

I hope this helps someone else.

If you encounter this problem, you might be able to fix it by going to "Translated Terms" under "Settings --> Translations", and searching "Translated field" for "product.template" (in my case) and "Type is Object". Then fix all those missing translations (hint: export, fix, import).

Discard