Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Delete User

By
Rex
on 3/14/13, 10:21 AM 4,514 views

I created a new user. Input just the User name and Login field. Then attempted to delete the user and received this error message:

Integrity Error

The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: Note Stage - note.stage]

Is it not possible to ever delete a user? Or is this a bug? Using V7 on Unbuntu 12.04

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 3/28/13, 7:00 PM

You can't delete a record in OpenERP that is referred to by another record.

You can't delete a Customer referred to by a Sale. You can't delete a Product referred to by a Stock Move.

This is part of the referential integrity of the database (and of the ERP).

OpenERP supports the concept of INACTIVE on many record types (like products and users) so that you can 'remove' these records from showing up but keep them in the system so the referring record is still valid.

Parth Gajjar

--Parth Gajjar--
| 3 3 5
Ahmadabad, India
--Parth Gajjar--
Parth Gajjar
On 3/14/13, 10:32 AM

In note.stage object you have reference of This user. By means you use this user in note.stage so that record which used this user as reference in note.stage object. Delete that first. Then delete User.

It is possible to delete a user.

Example : Create new user, save it, and delete it without use it in any record.

Hope this will help

Thank you for the quick response. How would I delete the record in note.stage? Must this be done through the database or is there a user interface? Thanks

Rex
on 3/14/13, 10:41 AM

I Don't know why you getting error, i created user and add his reference in note.stage and then also i can delete that user ....

By the way for delete note.stage record login with that user and go in this menu Messaging/Organizer/Notes and delete the column created by that user

Parth Gajjar
on 3/15/13, 2:23 AM
Rex
On 3/28/13, 5:54 PM

I must have had a problem the permissions on my installation. I reinstalled OpenERP on fresh Ubuntu installation and no more problem.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/14/13, 10:21 AM
Seen: 4514 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM