This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I created a new user. Input just the User name and Login field. Then attempted to delete the user and received this error message:

Integrity Error

The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: Note Stage - note.stage]

Is it not possible to ever delete a user? Or is this a bug? Using V7 on Unbuntu 12.04

Discard
Best Answer

You can't delete a record in OpenERP that is referred to by another record.

You can't delete a Customer referred to by a Sale. You can't delete a Product referred to by a Stock Move.

This is part of the referential integrity of the database (and of the ERP).

OpenERP supports the concept of INACTIVE on many record types (like products and users) so that you can 'remove' these records from showing up but keep them in the system so the referring record is still valid.

Discard
Best Answer

In note.stage object you have reference of This user. By means you use this user in note.stage so that record which used this user as reference in note.stage object. Delete that first. Then delete User.

It is possible to delete a user.

Example : Create new user, save it, and delete it without use it in any record.

Hope this will help

Discard
Author

Thank you for the quick response. How would I delete the record in note.stage? Must this be done through the database or is there a user interface? Thanks

I Don't know why you getting error, i created user and add his reference in note.stage and then also i can delete that user ....

By the way for delete note.stage record login with that user and go in this menu Messaging/Organizer/Notes and delete the column created by that user

Author Best Answer

I must have had a problem the permissions on my installation. I reinstalled OpenERP on fresh Ubuntu installation and no more problem.

Discard