Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Delete invoices ?

By
Antoine Olbrechts
on 5/18/14, 8:58 AM 936 views

Hello,

I'm currently testing Odoo for my small business but now I'd like to delete some fake invoices to start from scratch and start using the app in real business. How can this be done ? Because in the "traditional" we I get an erreor message telling I can't delete issued invoices.

Thanks,

Antoine

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 5/18/14, 11:31 PM

The answer of Erwin is correct for someone located in Belgium like you. However certain countries allow to delete invoices, and there is a module for that called account_cancel. If you install this module, you will be able to go to a journal and check a checkbox that will allow you to cancel and delete invoices pertaining to this journal.

Erwin De Raad
On 5/18/14, 10:03 AM

I'm not aware of a possibility to just delete invoices. That is probably a good thing since accounting-wise every entry should be traceable.

So just return all delivery orders and create credits for them. This is also a good exercise. ;-) If you have too many fake invoices it may be simpler to start a new database and keep the current one for testing. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/18/14, 8:58 AM
Seen: 936 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM