This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Dear All, Please let me know, How to set default values based on User logged in. I've seen USER DEFINED DEFAULTS in Settings--->Actions---> How to use that?

What is the use of, Settings-->UserInterface--->User defined Filters

In mrp, while creating a Manufacturing order, there are fields like -- Source and Destination Location for raw material and Finished goods. I want to set a Default location for this, or a person such as Production Manager, should be accessible to a particular location under Warehouse.

How to achieve this?

Discard
Best Answer

Activate the developer mode from the About OpenERP, go to the Screen you want to have default values, set the fields to the value that you want it to be default. from the developer menu choose the set defaults, and then pick the field you want to set as a default with the value you have already entered. you can set it to this user only or to all users and assign conditions too.

Discard
Author

Dear Admin,

Thank you for the reply, that helped.

But, other locations are also available for him, I want to restrict that too. He should be accesible to certain values, How to filter that?

I think, It will be possible, with Settings--->Actions---> User Defined Defaults. and with the Condition field.