Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Default database with website module

By
veronika
on 4/8/16, 12:04 PM 440 views

Hi Dears,

I have 3 dbs on one instance. I want user that comes to site to see website not db selector, that means particular database should be chosen by default, and when he logins it should be possible to choose another one. How to configure it? 

Prakash Sharma

--Prakash Sharma--
| 2 1 4
Delhi, India
--Prakash Sharma--

I like to surround myself with brave, creative people.

My motivation for learning different technologies and algos drive me. I love challenges of a steep learning curve which I believe makes me a better learner. I have a strong desire to learn different technologies, which would enable me to become a full stack developer.

Prakash Sharma
On 4/19/16, 5:10 AM

Inside your etc/odoo-server-config you can define the dbfilter or db_name .

Fro example :

If you want to allow user to open only the database start with website then just put this code

dbfilter = website.*

it will allow user to open only the databse having name like website_db, website_1 etc

One more thing  you can also use db_name = my_db_name
this will allow your user to open a single db:my_db_name only

db_name = my_db_name

I hope this may help in your case .

If dbfilter is used you wont be able to use the filtered databases.

Motez
on 4/19/16, 7:22 AM

yes Motez ,i am agree with you comment

Prakash Sharma
on 4/19/16, 7:41 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/8/16, 12:04 PM
Seen: 440 times
Last updated: 4/19/16, 7:23 AM