This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I was able to create just one database after installing odoo 9 on Ubuntu Server (16.04.1). I am able to duplicate the same database , but not able to create new database

Discard
Author

@Brian Gunderson. I have confirmed the password I have used is the same in odoo-server.conf file.Also I am able to successfully duplicate database with same password. I have checked the log file too, but no error message there.

Author

@Brian Gunderson. Thanks! I tried with a different browser without remember password and was able to create database. Wonder how the browser can change the password with Auto-fill.

Thanks again.. have spent hours trying to sort this issue

This is normal when having multiple databases with an IP address only.

Best Answer

1. First of all you have to check admin_passwd in odoo.conf. But if you see something like

admin_passwd = $pbkdf2-sha512$25000$15oTopRSSomREkLIeQ8hRA$QlTTxd4bqTTxSI0/u4g/yukO9jT2yFtTx4sAu46GtMKHnooPWT 

Then you can't know what is db-admin password.

2. But you can change it like this:

admin_password = my-New-Cool-P@$$WoRD

Restart odoo server by command: "sudo service odoo restart" and try to create DB again.

3. But if it not worked! Maybe your parameters db_user or\and db_password is not correct. Check it in /etc/odoo/odoo.conf

If you use postgresql with the specified user and password,
then you must specify the same user and password in /etc/odoo/odoo.conf in parameters db_user and db_password.
Otherwise, you will get this same error due to the fact that the database user has no rights to operations with databases.

For example, if you use the official docker, and docker-compose from the site https://hub.docker.com/_/odoo/ or https://store.docker.com/community/images/library/odoo then pay attention to the parameters

mydb:
    image: postgres:10
    environment:
      - POSTGRES_USER=database-user
      - POSTGRES_PASSWORD=my-databaseuser-password
      - POSTGRES_DB=postgres

Thus, in order for you to do something with the databases from https://yourdomain/web/database/manager, you must set the db_user=database-user and db_password=my-databaseuser-password parameters in the file /etc/odoo/odoo.conf

4. If you don't know what is db user name and db-user password, then try to set official db_user=odoo and db_password=odoo.
5. If it not helped then you can try to  add new postgresql user, give him all permission and use him in odoo.conf
6. Or you can change postgresql user password.

Discard

I have reset my admin password and it workd

Best Answer

Often this error is a matter of checking that the Master Password entered in the Create Database step matches the admin_passwd in your odoo-server.conf file. Any chance that your browser or a password management tool is changing the password as you enter it for the new database creation?

Discard
Best Answer

I experienced the same on a Windows machine with Odoo 17.  The cause of this problem could be that you installed Postgresql before installing Odoo. 

How I solved it is by the following:

I uninstalled Postgresql and deleted all folders in installation path (in the C drive) and pgAdmin folder in AppData folder (it's usually a hidden folder located under Users folder). Then I uninstalled Odoo. 

Finally I re-installed Odoo 17, and during this step I selected the option to install Postgresql. 

If you already have an existing database, make sure to make a backup of it and Odoo modules. 

Discard
Best Answer

please check the folder permission in Windows. In Linux, you must check admin_passwd.

Discard
Best Answer

Check your Master Password as it's the same that you have created or not.

Discard
Best Answer

I have no karma to do anything but comment... It's 2023 and I faced this same error... 

Brian's anwer was the solution:  https://www.odoo.com/forum/ayuda-1/database-creation-error-access-denied-105200#comment_forum_post_105221

Discard
Best Answer

have you tried the password "admin" ?  

Discard