Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Data not visible in tree view?

By
Corey Mack
on 3/21/15, 6:00 AM 735 views

I have created a new model called "car.services". Whenever i create a new record, it is not showing in tree view.

class car_services(orm.Model):

_name = 'car.services'

_columns = {

'name': fields.char('Name'),

'active': fields.boolean('Active'),

'car_no': fields.char('Car Number')

'start_date': fields.date('Start Date'),

'end_date':fields.date('End Date'),

'type':fields.selection([('normal', 'Normal'), ('priority', 'Priority'), ('disc', 'Discount')], 'Type',                     required=True),

}

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 4 9
Pondicherry, India
--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--

Passionate coder in Python/OpenERP. Knows Django/Flask MVC frameworks. Did code in Java, PHP.

Contact me at: dvdhinesh.mail@gmail.com

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 3/21/15, 6:04 AM

Odoo uses some special reserved fields. A few field names are reserved for pre-defined behaviors beyond that of automated fields. They should be defined on a model when the related behavior is desired. Field "active" is one of them. If you don't set it as true, record will automatically goes invisible. You can find it through advanced search -> active is not set.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/21/15, 6:00 AM
Seen: 735 times
Last updated: 3/21/15, 6:06 AM