Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

data loss in case of field creation using GUI

on 5/9/13, 7:37 AM 725 views

creating fields using "manage views" tab from GUI can be done or it should be avoided?? Will it result in any kind of data loss,etc..Can i proceed in the same way or it is not a best practice to do?? My application is a very very simple one..So i thought it would be an easy method to do..help me ppl..

Priyesh Solanki (pso)

--Priyesh Solanki (pso)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
| 2 2 4
--Priyesh Solanki (pso)--
Priyesh Solanki (pso)
On 5/9/13, 8:37 AM

Its better to create your own module because the changes, you will make from GUI, it would be limited for that database only and in case, if you will update your module, you may loose your data, that you created from GUI. So, I will suggest you to create a new module for that and use it!

Thanks, Priyesh Solanki

Another reason you HAVE to use modules, is if you want to use this new field in a calculation or decision.

on 5/9/13, 10:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/9/13, 7:37 AM
Seen: 725 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM