Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

customize file name for RML reports

By
ASP
on 1/21/14, 9:49 AM 1,765 views

Hello Guys,

I've designed reports for my custom modules using openoffice and RML. But while printing/generating the PDF file of the report, it's opening or saving as the report name.pdf,as listed in settings>actions>reports.

My objective is to add some id or number to the file name of the corresponding report, Ex: "My Report - 123.pdf", "My Report - 234.pdf" etc.

To achieve the above, i've tried 2 approaches as mentioned below : 1. Edit report from front end and add python code to Add attachment box and select the Reload from Attachment checkbox.

1. Added attributes like attachment, use_attachment, multi etc. under report tag in the module_view.xml file.

But no luck. Still the report PDF is opening/saving with the old name. Pls help me with this.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Cheers

ASP :)

raul paz
On 4/25/14, 9:15 AM

Hi. I had the same problem. The only solution for me was to modify the OPENERP Kernel with a patch. Then you can control the name from you xml report configuration. Example:

<report
    id="sale_order_cyls_label_report"
    model="sale.order"        
    name="sale_order_cyls_label_report"
    file="OpenJobs/report/sale_order_cyls_label_report.rml"
    string="Cylinders Labels 2x2" 
    auto="True" 
    report_type="pdf"
    attachment="('CYL'+(object.job_id.job or ''))"
        usage="default"
        keyword="client_print_multi"
        menu="True"
        header="False"
    />

Then the file name was made from the attribute 'attachment' ex. 'CYL10024.pdf'. To patch, change the file 'openerp7/openerp-web/addons/web/controllers/main.py'. Search and find at the end of file the statement:

file_name = '%s.%s' % (file_name, report_struct['format'])

Then insert next code just before:

#Start code added
 ''' Code added by Raul Paz to set the default file_name like the attach_name
    The attach_name mach with the attachment expresion from your report_xml
    <report
        id="report_webkit.YourModule_report_id"
        model="YourModule.model"        
        name="Your_report_name"
        file="YOUR_MODULE/report/YOUR_MAKO_FILE.mako"
        string="Your Text in the print button" 
        auto="False" 
        report_type="webkit"
        attachment="'Valid_filename_expresion"
        usage="default"
/>
'''
try:
    if action['attachment']:
        model = context['active_model']
        cr = openerp.pooler.get_db(req.session._db).cursor()
        uid = context['uid']
        ids = context['active_ids']
        objects=openerp.pooler.get_pool(req.session._db).get(model).browse(cr,uid,ids,context=context)
        file_name=[eval(action['attachment'],{'object':x, 'time':time}) for x in objects][0]
        ''' Next code force to remake the report file on each request. 
            Remove if your want to send always the first report file.
            If attachment_use is set to false the report files are always generated and stored
        '''
        if action['attachment_use']:
            aids = openerp.pooler.get_pool(req.session._db).get('ir.attachment').search(cr, uid, [('datas_fname','=',file_name+'.pdf'),('res_model','=',model),('res_id','in',ids)])
            atts = openerp.pooler.get_pool(req.session._db).get('ir.attachment')
            res = atts.unlink(cr, uid, aids, context) 
            cr.commit()
            openerp.osv.orm.except_orm('Attach doc deleted',file_name)
except:
    openerp.osv.orm.except_orm('Attach doc not deleted',file_name)
finally:
    cr.close()
#end code added

This work for all report styles...

Hi Raul,

Good to see your response. The issue has already been fixed at my end.

Please check this : http://help.openerp.com/question/42119/customize-file-name-for-rml-reports/

Cheers

ASP :)

ASP
on 4/25/14, 10:19 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/21/14, 9:49 AM
Seen: 1765 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM