Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Customer/supplier change of name

Kristian Gough
on 3/31/14, 2:38 PM 735 views

I've been looking at the Trunk runbot (Version 8.0alpha1)

Customers & suppliers change names from time to time. If i made a sale to "Company A Ltd" last year (quotation > sale > invoice > paid), but they have since changed their name to "Company A (International) Ltd", when I go to look at the previous sale the documentation is all updated to "Company A (International) Ltd. The Invoice seems to show "Company A (International) Ltd on the form, but when you re-print it it shows the original "Company A Ltd".

Is there a way to save the details of quotes/orders or any transaction as they were at the time of the transaction, and for them to not update as you update customer/supplier details? I am concerned that this updating could cause issues with finding past orders, or having to re-issue paperwork. Is there a way to achieve this?

On 4/1/14, 12:39 PM

In the configuration of your report (eg account.invoice report), there must be a checkbox that decides whether the report is reprinted each time you ask for it, or if it's loaded from the already printed version if it exists.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/31/14, 2:38 PM
Seen: 735 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM