This question has been flagged

Hi, 

I have this question for the functionality difference between version 8 and 9 and I want to know the rationale behind that

In odoo8, when you create customer payment, after selecting a customer, all open invoices will be show in the tables and you can allocation the payment and mark it as full reconcile. 

In odoo 9, you create customer payment first and then that payment will appear in all open invoices of the customer so that we can use that payment to paid for the invoice. When creating customer payment, you cannot see the open invoices of the customer. 

Can someone explains why the functionality has been changed and I am thinking of using the behaviour in odoo8 for odoo9. Is there any problem with that approach ?

Discard

Try selecting the Open Invoices for a Customer, and then creating a payment by using the ACTION menu - the payment will be calculated to match the total of the Invoices and will be automatically applied to the Invoices - closing them. Also, you can do Payment Matching from the Dashboard by clicking on the Customer Invoices card.