This question has been flagged

Hello,

I've got module (car workshop) downloaded from internet, planned to use it on one odoo instance prepared for 3 companies. Unfortunately it turns out that module is (seems?) not supporting multicompany setup in odoo. Currently I see separate, for example, accounting (different invoices / numbers for each company), while as for mentioned module, all data entered in one company are visible for users from other companies.

Does it mean that this module was written wrongly? Or maybe there are some steps I'm not aware of to prepare such a module to work properly in multicompany setup?

regards

Tomasz

Discard

Hello @Tomasz,

we can't say that Module is actually written wrongly based on their requirement they developed

what you can do to make it compatible for multi company setup, kindly create record rule for new object which created in that module.

you can also check base ref. of odoo , odoo created record rule for no. of objects in base module (like sales,purchase,accounting etc.)

Also you can check the below ref. link.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-setup-multi-company-access-right-6679

Thanks,

Dipak

Author

Hello Dipak,

Thank you for explanation; from the other hand - I've found in .py file in models line as below:

company_id = fields.Many2many('res.company', string='Company Name', default=lambda self: self.env['res.company']._company_default_get('car.workshop'))

Am I right/wrong guessing that proper change in this line would cause to use as company_id NOT default company, but user's one?

regards

Tomasz