Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Currency Issue -> Cannot Create or Select - Community Edition

on 1/27/16, 6:08 AM 1,006 views

Hi guys,

Firstly I am a new user to Odoo, I recently downloaded and installed the Odoo onto my VPS.  What I am not currently facing is an issue with regards to setting my default currency to South African Rands (ZAR). When go to the currency Create / Edit and I try to Create the Currency (As only US, Pound and EUR is displaying) So I create the ZAR currency but it giving me an issue saying Currency Code must be Unique. However I do not find it anywhere on the list.

How would I resolve this?

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 6 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 1/27/16, 6:24 AM

To set your company currency you could do it in the company form, in the tab Configuration: delete the currency and just type ZAR to search for it. It's there loaded by the initial data of the base module.

On 1/28/16, 2:25 AM

Hi Joosub,

W.r.t your query, I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you in order that your query gets resolved are :-

1) First, while creating any company under the Setting menu, we can set the currency of the company as per requirement

2) Also after doing so, we also need to keep in mind that the currency which we have selected against a particular company would also be used further for all transactions related to that company.

For eg. If we want to configure any price list for that particular company then we need to configure the price list with the same currency otherwise there would be discrepancy between the two.

Hope this helps

On 1/27/16, 8:01 AM

Thanks sorted :D 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/27/16, 6:08 AM
Seen: 1006 times
Last updated: 1/28/16, 2:25 AM