Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Currency Conversion. How can I convert one Currency into Another?

Zura Tsiklauri
on 9/1/15, 4:31 AM 824 views

E.G. I have 1000 EUR on Balance and EUR is a base currency. I want to convert it to USD with some different rate. Other than Odoo rate. Is there any option or module enabling to convert it without manual journal entry where I have to calculate the exchange rate loss or gain manually? 

Anil R. Kesariya

--Anil R. Kesariya--
| 6 5 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Anil R. Kesariya--
ERP Consultant

Key Skill
Technical & Functional Expert
Anil R. Kesariya
On 9/1/15, 10:55 AM

Hi Zura,

The journal entries created after validation or invoices or sales or purchase.

You need to trace which method is made impact to update currency rate entries on income and expense account.

Like, in Accound module inside the bank statement.

Path : addons>>account>>account_bank_statement.py : line no: 682

You will find one method with name get_currency_rate_line  which is used to create accounting move for create entries on gain and loss account by overriding this method you can change with currency rate of yours instead of getting base rate, you can apply your current/or calculated rate.

Or you may find any other method inside account module which have the same behavior while any entries being generated.  you just need to override that method which will solve your problem.

Hope this would help you.

On 9/1/15, 8:31 AM

In accounting configuration you can found currencies, where you can add custom rate for each currencies.

Dear Zahin, Please read the example below carefully. Did I write that I want to add a custom rate for currency?

Zura Tsiklauri
on 9/1/15, 8:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/1/15, 4:31 AM
Seen: 824 times
Last updated: 1/29/16, 7:39 AM