This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In my company only office people are using openERP to sign in/out directly and for the others this attendance data should be imported. However, when I try to import attendance data it is not imported. Also, OpenERP doesn't show any error message but there appears a red line in place where error message should come.

My test file looks like this:

id,action,name,employee_id/id

28,Sign Out,2013-08-02 09:23:18,__export__.hr_employee_98

27,Sign In,2013-08-02 08:22:57,__export__.hr_employee_98

where id is based on next id number after the previous data (which ids I checked by exporting existing attendance) I have also tried to import this file so that I have left the field id empty but it didn't work either. Importing any other data e.g. employees works as it should. So I started to wonder if it is possible to import attendances at all (e.g. because it would enable easy false data import)? But if it is so why any error message is not shown?

Has anyone else tried to import attendances to OpenERP? If so what did you do to make it work?

Edit: I noticed that it is possible to update existing attendances by using import so this problem seems to occur only if you are importing new data.

Edit 2: I also noticed that it is possible to double import same sign in/out data for same day with different ids (resulting in two sign ins and sign outs at same time for same day) but if I change day or time it won't import any data.

Discard

if someone will have to enter Attendance by hand for 20, or let's say 50 people because csv import won't work ... poor fella!!! No one with a hint about this? ... As I look at this a little closer ... you have 'name' to match the actual time. Can this be the problem? (Or is 'name' just a weird way of saying 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss' ?)

Author

'name' in attendance module refers to the date when sign in/out has happened. It seems that in OE in each table there has to be column 'name' and in attendance table it just happens to be the date.

Author Best Answer

Found the problem, order of sign in and sign out is reversed when importing as compared to exported data i.e. exported data looks like this:

id, action, name, employee_id/id

__export__.hr_attendance_301, Sign Out, 2013-09-17 03:35:17, __export__.hr_employee_98

__export__.hr_attendance_300, Sign In, 2013-09-17 02:35:17, __export__.hr_employee_98

But when importing same data it should look like this:

"action","name","employee_id/id"

"Sign In","2013-09-17 10:35:17","__export__.hr_employee_98"

"Sign Out","2013-09-17 11:35:17","__export__.hr_employee_98"

Discard
Best Answer

If you just want to import data you should not use the field id in the import.

For me the following import data works fine (assuming that administrator is currently signed in):

"action","name","employee_id/.id"
"Sign Out","2013-09-13 10:35:17",1
"Sign In","2013-09-14 10:35:17",1

I am using the database ID instead of the External ID, but his should not be any problem (if the external ID exists). You could also use "employee_id" and write the name of the employee.

Discard
Author

It still doesn't work for me I tested it also on 15 days trial of OpenERP in case there was a problem in my version but it didn't work there either. Which version of OpenERP you are using?

I am using 7.0. Have you check whether the order of signIn/signOut is correct? Is there no error message?

Author

Yes I have checked it and tried also with your example (changed only employee id) as I have said in my question there is no error message there appears only red line in place where the error message should be nothing else.

Author

found the problem when importing stuff the order of sign in sign out is reversed to one it is when data is exported which could have been seen also from your example when inspecting dates however you example needs sign in on 2013-09-13 which was not existing so OE didn't import that one also because it is not legal. It weirdc that OE didn't give any error message thou.

@ All, I use the same format but it is not working. the Error Message is "warning -- ValidateError Error occurred while validating the field(s) action: Error ! Sign in (resp. Sign out) must follow Sign out (resp. Sign in)" How to identify employee_id/id _export_hr.attendance_10_20 and How to import Attendance in OpenERP 7, Help me.

The problem is you must change the above example so that the sign in comes before the sign out... like this: "action","name","employee_id/.id" "Sign In","2013-11-13 08:35:17",2 "Sign Out","2013-11-13 17:35:17",2