Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Creating Supplier Invoice Order Line Error Message"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property..."

By
Ashley Marc
on 4/10/13, 8:33 PM 2,998 views

Hi,

Would anyone know why this error message appears when i try to enter a supplier invoice order line:

1) OpenERP version 7.0 webclient

2) Anglo-Saxon accounting

3) Products adopt product category with anglo saxon accounting properties set on parent as per required.

4) This error message appears when trying to create oder lines via Accounting>Supplier Invoice:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of undefined http://example:8070/web/webclient/js?db=demo:3549

Regards,

Ashley Marc

Jonathan Vargas
On 12/10/13, 3:11 AM

Same problem for me. It reproduces trying to create both customer and supplier invoice lines.

The problem appears on a different line than yours:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of undefined
http : // web/webclient/js?db=demo:3574

I started with a Costa Rica accounts chart but I ended replacing it.

Any idea?

Alexandre Takacs
On 10/29/13, 10:43 AM

Guess not really helpful but I am seeing the exact same issue :(

Any pointer / suggestion would be appreciated

EDITED: Are we the only two seeing this ? It is a blocking issue :(

EDITED v2: Guess it is some bug in the webclient that nobody cares to look into :(

Jeremy
On 9/19/13, 8:54 AM

Hi Ashley,

I also have the same problem! The difference is mine lies on different line code:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of undefined
localhost/web/webclient/js?db=bitnami_openerp:3573

On Firefox, it's:

data[0] is undefined
localhost/web/webclient/js?db=bitnami_openerp:3573

And the problem is, after this error pops out, I cannot insert any line order! I use Bitnami stack to install my OpenERP on CentOS. I have created another database to see whether it's systemic or just database specific and fortunately, it's only on my database.

The problem is, I'm not very familiar with Python, Javascript or even Linux to locate the error.

Can someone please help or at least give some guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Anand Patel
On 12/10/13, 2:48 AM

Hello,

This is web-client error in js file. web/static/src/js/view_form.js

if (! no_recurse) {
         var dataset = new instance.web.DataSetStatic(this, this.field.relation, self.build_context());
         this.alive(dataset.name_get([self.get("value")])).done(function(data) {
            **if (data.length ==0){return false;}**
             self.display_value["" + self.get("value")] = data[0][1];
             self.render_value(true);
         });

Thanks,

why this error is coming when there is no data.?Also why this error is not coming in every view

Omal Bastin
on 1/16/14, 11:56 PM
Niklaus Hartmann
On 1/6/14, 3:41 AM

I get the same error. I am trying to add lines to Supplier Invoice.

Omal Bastin

--Omal Bastin--
| 6 6 8
Kochi, Kerala, India
--Omal Bastin--

Swiming deep into openERP/ODOO

Omal Bastin
On 1/17/14, 12:32 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

7 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/10/13, 8:33 PM
Seen: 2998 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM