Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Creating database results in "database does not Exist"

on 4/13/13, 2:29 AM 2,249 views

Hi all, I'm new for OpenERP 7, i installed OpenERP 7 in Ubuntu, it is running successfully. Database created successfully, but i cant get backup, Restore, Delete. When i running the OpenERP-server this error will occur. ERROR Resume openerp.sql_db: Connection to the database failed Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 440, in borrow result = psycopg2.connect(dsn=dsn, connection_factory=PsycoConnection) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 179, in connect connection_factory=connection_factory, async=async) OperationalError: FATAL: database "resume" does not exist

here resume is my database name. i tried more times to solve this problem but i can't till now. Help me for this problem.

Thanks & Regards Sridharan G Chennai

| 5 6 8
Cornwall, Canada

Analysing, designing, coding and mentoring since 1975. Kilobytes to terabytes. Punch cards to punchy sites. My OpenERP video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7op4J183lX44ZlXPiHxUpRvmmRDtxye My Google Speadsheets --> OpenERP Data Pump project: http://martinhbramwell.github.io/GData_OpenERP_Data_Pump My email (with spaces removed) : mhb . warehouseman @ gmail . com

On 4/13/13, 8:12 AM

Here are two feeble guesses:

1. Resume might be a reserved word in OpenERP, Python or PostgreSQL. Use a different name.
  2. I see Resume and resume. Is there upper/lower case confusion, maybe?

Note that having many separate databases is not at all "expensive". What happens when you create a new database? This might help : https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/11158/

On 4/13/13, 10:30 AM

Hi Bramwell, Thanks for your reply, but other itself, it didn't accept, same error message... Any installation problem or any other problem.

Regards Sridharan G Chennai

" . . . but other itself . . . " ? Sorry I don't know what you mean. What steps did you take to solve the problem? New name? New database? New install? If you have the possibility to do so, I'd strongly recommend you start completely from scratch, if possible from a fresh install of Ubuntu,

on 4/13/13, 4:54 PM

| 5 5 6
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Java Developer ORACLE Python J2EE Spring Hibernate Struts & Jquery............. :-)
On 4/13/13, 10:39 AM

try with this blog steps

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/13/13, 2:29 AM
Seen: 2249 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM