This question has been flagged
5 Replies

i was created a module with the constrains for showing warning message. I was followed odoo documentation, the thing is that user cant book the same room at same date.But after my interating code the warning message shows, even i cant able to book the room on different dates.Is it possible to do by two variables passes?? Please give me a solution.

code for constrain is:-

def _check_date(self, cr, uid,ids, context=None):

record = self.search(cr, uid,[('room_id', '=', self.room_id.id),('start', '=', self.start)])

if record:

return False

return True

_constraints = [(_check_date, 'Room already booked',['room_id','start'])]

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

instead you can use _sql_constraints  e.g:

_sql_constraints = [

('room_date_unique', 'unique(room_id, start)', 'Configuration Error!'),

]

I hope it'll help

Discard
Best Answer

Logicious, Please check your start field is just a "date" field not "datetime" , since in datetime field every date will be different from other with atleast some millisecond. Hope it helps

Discard
Author Best Answer

@Ahmed and pawan : i am sorry guys.... its working when the 'datetime'  changed to 'date' . But i need 'datetime' as it is. how could i make a constraint for this? Please help me guys

Discard

If you need the room_id & start_date to be unique 'no same room for the same start date' you can simply add _sql_constraints, you can check this part: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/addons/account/account.py#L579-L581