Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

create record rules using fields of unrelated tables

By
Shaumyadeep Chaudhuri
on 7/18/13, 9:33 AM 802 views

I am using OpenERP V7. I want to create a record rule on a view but the condition also depends on the fields/columns from another table. How do i include the field from the unrelated table in the record rule with creating a new field for it in the current view/record

Surely it's not completely unrelated, or you coulnd't possible define a rule. Can you add a specific example?

Daniel Reis
on 7/18/13, 9:48 AM

By unrelated i mean that there are no records relating the tables. For eg. If i create a module for department change and it needs to be approved by any Manager from the Department named say Human Resources, but the department change table does not hold any field linking it to a Manager of the Human Resources

Shaumyadeep Chaudhuri
on 7/18/13, 9:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/18/13, 9:33 AM
Seen: 802 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM